before you date a girl with a mental illness, remember: saying, “you’re beautiful” won’t balance the chemicals in her brain.
and don’t fucking say, “i’ll be here for you, no matter what,” if you don’t mean it.
don’t think you’re fixing her by saying, “i love you.” because you’re not
This needs more notes.
All of it, but mostly the bolded
This goes for girls and boys
Anonymous asked: Please just give me one good reason not to end my life right now.
01. Suicide is final.
Once you take your life, that’s it. You have only one life. End it - and you’re done. You will never, ever get a second chance.
02. That special person.
The one who keeps you strong when nobody else does. The one who stands by you when everyone walks out. Imagine the pain, the sadness, the grief they would feel when you’re gone. Even if you don’t think you have a special person worth living for, you do. You just don’t know it yet.
03. Death won’t relieve the pain.
Killing yourself will NOT be a relief to the suffering. When you’re dead, you’re nothing. You no longer exist. If you want relief from your suffering, you have to choose to live. You have to reach out and find the courage to make tomorrow better than today. Remember, there is light at the end of the tunnel. There is hope and things will get better. You’re a strong person for living and you give me hope.
04. It will get better, I promise.
Remember, even the darkest hour only has 60 minutes. Stop focusing on the negatives, instead, look for the positive things in life. Do you have amazing friends? Are you good at an instrument? Remember, you’re here because a lady cared enough to bring you into this world. So embrace that, with both hands.
05. All the memories, the laughs, the smiles and the hugs.
What if you end up being the one that finds the cure for cancer? Or the one that discovers life on Mars? Or the one that ends up with the most amazing spouse and family? How will you ever know your true potential if you’re not there to experience it. All the people you will never meet, all the lives you won’t touch, all the souls you won’t inspire. The future is a mystery; don’t you want to discover its secrets?
Imagine never seeing bright yellow rays light up the dark sky again. Never feeling the warmth of the sun, never feeling the beauty of way the sky illuminates as it grows brighter and brighter until the whole heavenly expanse is enlightened.
07. Dancing in the rain.
And seeing the rainbow when it stops.
A smile is a curve that sets things straight. Without you, the world will have one less smile.
09. Music is a beautiful creation.
10. Hearing children laughing.
11. You are beautiful.
12. Your courage to live inspires me.
13. Look at the children in Africa who are starving. Look at earthquake and tsunami victims who have lost everything. Look at the person next to you. Doesn’t their courage to live, their optimism and their hope inspire you to do the same?
14. Lying beneath the stars at night and hearing crickets sing.
15. Waking up every morning and realising that it’s a new day.
16. Bubble baths.
17. Giving and receiving random compliments from strangers.
18. If you kill yourself, you will hurt so many people. Imagine how much guilt, grief and anguish you will cause your loved ones.
19. Life is beautiful. Make the most of it.
20. Stop thinking about what is wrong with your life and start thinking about the little things that make life great.
21. How will the person who finds you dead feel? Do you really want to put them through that?
22. Singing in the shower.
23. Looking out the window and seeing the gentle breeze sway the trees.
25. Stay strong. You are special. You are precious. You have still have so much to give.
26. This is your story. Don’t end it so soon. Live it to the max and come out a fighter!
27. The taste of chocolate melting in your mouth.
28. If you kill yourself, you’ll just become another statistic. Choose to live and make a difference in this world.
29. All those words you still haven’t said yet.
30. Feeling the rain on your skin.
31. Fresh baked cookies.
32. Freshly mowed grass.
33. Breathing in, and breathing out.
34. Hearing the beat of your heart.
35. Enjoying the warm summer air.
36. Walking your dog in the crisp evening breeze.
37. Sipping a coffee and reading the morning newspaper.
38. You’re an amazing person. You’ve lived this long. That gives me hope. Remember, every second is precious. Make the most of it.
You were never a stranger to me. I always felt I knew you. You didn’t want me and I was mad for a long time but now I see that you could never be with someone like me. I know you don’t hate me either. I have not seen you in years but I always think about you. I hope you’re alive. I don’t know anyone who knows you. I’m moving pretty fast these days but I think of you still.